1. Suggested question for students when viewing the clip to figure how their preconceptions of how we see the moon:
a. What do you know about how we see the moon from Earth?
b. What did you learn about the moon from this clip?
c. What do you the answer is to the question: Why does the moon look orange sometimes?
2. After discussion of these previous topics play the clip right before the end credits for the full answer.
"The full moon sometimes looks orange when it rises because the light has to travel through more of the atmosphere than when the moon is high in the sky. The blue light waves scatter but the red light waves make it through....Just in case you were wondering."
3. Then discuss how waves travel and how it is possible for the moon to look different colors.
4. Another discusson question coud be: How do we figure out how light waves travel and light characteristics?
5. This last question could lead to an experiment to show how some light waves scatter and some reach a destination while others do not.